Jon Stevens wrote:

> I think this encoding stuff with Ceki's name is a bug in the
> OSX JVM that I'm using, so we may have to revert back to
> using "u" for a bit until the OSX GM is out and I can test/use
> that. :-( The weird thing is that I'm not convinced that it
> is the OSX JVM though...here is why:

;-)

I hereby propose that at the same time, we revert back to adding the "h"
back into John's name too.

;-)

Jon, have you ever considered doing your builds on dev.apache.org?

;-)

- Sam Ruby

P.S.  I personally think the right fix is to not use the default mechanisms
to serialize this to XML, but to write one that replaces characters outside
of the 0-127 range with html entities, &&uuml.