on 7/10/01 9:36 AM, "Alex Chaffee" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Can we turn off the munging of headers that is currently adding Reply-to on
> all the jakarta lists?
>
> Please read
> before asking why it's a problem.

-1

That document is one persons opinion and shouldn't be taken as everyone's
opinion. I would *hate* it to always get two copies of everyone's email
because people are lazy and don't remove the people when they reply-to-all.
Yes, I use procmail to filter on messageid, but making everyone do that is
uncool and it also doesn't work when the messageid from the list is
modified. Yes, I agree that mail clients should be improved to deal with
this better, but the fact of the matter is that that isn't going to happen
anytime soon.

Sigh, one of these days, I need to go write a document that discounts
everything that person says. Theory is a good thing, but practicality is
reality.

-jon