on 11/17/01 11:07 AM, "Dave Jarvis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Turbine is coupled to Java.  It's not easy to use any particular
> database (e.g., an entire help section on how to integrate Oracle).
> With BOX, you set the default database with a straightforward
> configuration file:
> JDBC_DRIVER=org.postgresql.driver.Driver
> DB_URL=postgres://whatever:5432
> DB_USER=username
> DB_PASS=password
> --
> JDBC_DRIVER=com.oracle.driver.Driver
> etc.
>
> Note that this is used by the processing engine.  If you want to write a
> processing engine in another language (like C++), then you have to
> derive a mechanism to do the database connectivity.  The business logic
> never needs to know.  Even better, you can add a DB_NAME property and
> extend the BOX language thusly:
> <sql name="'POSTGRESQL'">
> </sql>
>
> This allows people to dynamically choose a different database during
> runtime (note: completely backwards and forwards compatible; BOX is
> extensible).
>
> Turbine, like Maverick, also lets you shoot yourself in the foot with
> JSP.

Ok. Now you are getting personal (by comparing to Turbine) and making a
complete fool of yourself with your ridiculous FUD statements.

BOX is just another wannabe web framework that is inventing yet more
technologies and claiming to be the 'best' because you happen to like it and
it works for you.

p.s. I don't think you will get far with an argument about being coupled to
Java as being negative around here.

-jon