On Sun, 18 Nov 2001 12:01, Dave Jarvis wrote:
> > impossible to say without doing direct comparisons with comparable
> > complexity etc of pages. However it sounds like similar performance to
> > Cocoon1 based apps (Do you use DOM?).
>
> I use DOM.  Would I get better performance out of SAX?

huge increase in performance (both speed and memory usage). I can't remember
the exact performance gain between Cocoon1 and Cocoon2 but IIRC it was larger
than a 10x increase and that was largely due to using SAX. I would ask on
their mail list to get exact figures but trust me when I say it is HUGE.

> I'd gain
> performance using SAXON instead of Xalan.  I actually tried plugging
> SAXON into the architecture, but it blew up when I tried to create a
> TreeWalker, or some such useful object.

Cocoon2 allows SAXON to be plugged in. Ever considered making BOX a Cocoon2
generator ? ;)

--
Cheers,

Pete