Peter Donald wrote:

>On Mon, 7 Jan 2002 06:10, Sam Ruby wrote:
>> Shouldn't...
>>
>>    Velocity and Jasper be in the same category?
>>
>>    Watchdog and Tomcat be in the same category?
>>
>>    Jmeter and Cactus be in the same category?
>>
>>    Lucene and Oro be in the same category?
>
> Shouldn't JMeter and Watchdog be in the same category?

JMeter is general purpose.  Watchdog effectively is Tomcat specific.

> Shouldn't Avalon and Log4j be in the same category?
>
> Shouldn't Avalon and Commons be in the same category?
>
> Shouldn't Avalon and Tomcat be in the same category?

Obviously, Avalon is everything.  ;-)  But first and foremost, people tend
to think of it as a framework.

> Shouldn't Turbine and Commons be in the same category?

Ditto.

> Shouldn't Cactus and JMeter be in the same category?

You got me there.  ;-)  Hint: intentional cheshire cat lurking in that
statement.

> Shouldn't Cactus and Watchdog be in the same category?

Same response as the first.

 = = =

My two cents: these categories are not perfect, but are useful.

- Sam Ruby