> Jboss's success seems to be one project. I'm actually glad they went to
> sourceforge...they would have struggled to survive here...

How can you know?

I have studied their code and their documentation some months ago, I
have also followed some of their mailling lists for sometime and that is
not that obvious to me.

I do NOT prefer what they call community. I do not find their code that
good. I do not like their documentation that much.

JBoss success has a lot to do with the lack of credible alternative for
something with a lot of demand, unlike Jakarta products like Tomcat or
Velocity.

Give me a better case and/or concrete reasons, please.

Have fun,
Paulo Gaspar