On Mon, 14 Jan 2002 10:17, robert burrell donkin wrote:
> On Sunday, January 13, 2002, at 10:00 PM, Peter Donald wrote:
> > On Mon, 14 Jan 2002 07:50, robert burrell donkin wrote:
> >> i find jakarta-site2.html a little bit confusing. so - as requested on
> >> the
> >> page - i'm providing some feedback :)
> >>
> >> i think i find it confusing since it's aimed at answering several
> >> questions all in one page. maybe it'd be better to organize it as a base
> >> page with separate pages for each of these questions. i think that the
> >> questions they want answered are:
> >
> > As soon as you send a patch to make it so it may get done ;)
>
> i still don't know the definitive answer to my question - which was (i
> know that it was easy to miss in that last mail) "what's the right way to
> update the web pages for a standard sub project". therefore a patch would
> be a little premature...

You described it in a relatively clear fashion so I figured you knew :)

More precisely it goes something like

1. generate documentation (project specific though most use anakia)
2. commit to CVS
3. SSH to jakarta.apache.org
4. cd /www/jakarta.apache.org/mySubProject
5. cvs up
6 Make sure that you have the correct permissions set for all the files you
updated

I believe the admins were trying to reduce the number of people with access
to jakarta box so if you don't have permission to do 3 then just bug someone
in the project who does or drop a note here and someone will update for you.

--
Cheers,

Pete