At 15:36 29.03.2002 +0000, Danny Angus wrote:

> > Now that you can (well, soon) legally implement JSR47's, you
> > might was well
> > support their interfaces and semantics, and then 'embrace and
> > extend'.  Just
> > do the JSR47 stuff better :)
>
>Could Log4J now become an RI of JSR47 ? (I'm still not completely clear
>about all this..)

No, it cannot. JSR47 is not an some network protocol or an abstract
description of an interface, coding rules etc. It is a nuts and bolts
implementation.

Jason Hunter also mentioned some rule about being part of the
JDK 1.4 umbrella JSR which apparently changes things. (Don't
ask me why.)

--
Ceki
My link of the month: http://java.sun.com/aboutJava/standardization/