Jon Scott Stevens <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote on 23/04/2002 07:35:40 AM:

> on 4/22/02 2:27 PM, "Ellis Teer" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > I had considered using Torque before I was ready to give Turbine a
try.
> > Because it's subproject I had the impression that it was dependent on
> > Turbine.  This delayed me using it by a number of months.  It's
> > placement as a subproject in my case hurt its adoption.
> >
> > -Ellis Teer
> > www.sitepen.com
>
> Never assume anything. All you had to do was take the extra effort to
ask a
> simple question. Don't blame us for your being lazy or confused.
<tongue-in-cheek>Lazy, as in too lazy to make Torque a top level
project</tongue-in-cheek>

> Also, at the top of the Torque page, it says:
>
> "Torque was developed as part of the Turbine Framework. It is now
decoupled
> and can be used by itself."
Which you'll never know if you don't find it.

On a serious note, being a top level project means that more people will
find the project.

--
dIon Gillard, Multitask Consulting
Work:      http://www.multitask.com.au