> But Pier, it doesn't address your original problem though, does it?
> Which was about the "bar height", or how to encourage contributors, and
> increase the number of contributors without diluting, and clogging up, the
> community and decision making processes.

Total and complete agreement.  Well said Sir.

-Andy

> d.
>
> > - committer: is a contributor, but also a member, therefore he has all the
> > privileges and dues of a contributor (having CVS access, and
> > overlooking the
> > code he's contributing to) and of a member (can vote for PMCs, should
> > participate and contribute to discussions on the overall structure of
> > Jakarta).
> >
> > I believe this makes sense, more sense than what we have now, also because
> > we've seen that happening in the ASF for the very first time with a
> > non-coding member. Comments please?

> --

http://www.superlinksoftware.com - software solutions for business
http://jakarta.apache.org/poi - Excel/Word/OLE 2 Compound Document in
Java
http://krysalis.sourceforge.net/centipede - the best build/project
structure
                    a guy/gal could have! - Make Ant simple on complex Projects!
vote.
-Ambassador Kosh