Interesting. All the HttpClient files have the full form. It would be nice to simply refrence the actual license file, if this is acceptable.

Darrell DeBoer wrote:

G'day,

I know this has been discussed before, but has any progress been made on a short version of the Apache licence for source files? Most source files in James use the following:
/*
* Copyright (C) The Apache Software Foundation. All rights reserved.
*
* This software is published under the terms of the Apache Software License
* version 1.1, a copy of which has been included with this distribution in
* the LICENSE file.
*/

I don't know where it started, but if someone can someone tell me definitively that this is against ASF rules, I will move to rectify the situation.