Ceki Gülcü wrote:
At 11:06 04.12.2002 +0100, Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:

IANAL and not the one to decide.
IIRC IIUC the board, &&|| board members have said to use the full version till version 2.0 arrives.
Well, as far as I know, there is no permission to use a reference to
the license although there is no explicit prohibition either.
You mean that everything can be done if it's not prohibited explicitly?
Come on, what's this, a policed community?

You are free to take my word for it, or if you deem it necessary, go ask directly and eventually report back.
Michael A. Smith actually went to the board a few weeks ago. I did not
see a closure. As long as an ASF official (board, PMC) does not
officially take a position on this, or until there is an official
document on this topic, one should not make absolute affirmations.
My words: "Currently we should use the full version."

To stop this once and for all, since it seems that having a short license is very important for some (still don't know why), I've sent a request for clarification to the board too.

--
Nicola Ken Barozzi [EMAIL PROTECTED]
- verba volant, scripta manent -