On Tuesday, December 10, 2002, at 07:24 AM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

Micael,

I am sorry that you think of yourself as one to be believed as
dim-witted, because I know that I never inferred anything of the sort. Do
you have some issues you would like to talk about?. Isn't it ironic how
everyone continues bash MicroSoft because they make such horrible products,
yet everyone wanted the sourcecode released. If it is such garbage, why
would anyone want it??? <clip> God, some people! <clip>
So we can fix them, or remove the parts that lead to vendor lock-in. For example, I always wanted the source to VisualC++ so I could fix their project file. Instead of some stupid proprietary binary that was almost self-corrupting, I wanted to switch to a readable (fixable) text format like XML.

Same with Excel - I used to do real-time financial market data stuff, and we had such problems with Excel sometimes WRT real-time updates via DDE. Now, I think Excel is one of their finest products (that and Intellimouse...), but we had needs that the average user didn't, and were happy to extend the thing if we could...

As for my comments being worth the time saying, you and James did read
them and feel a need to respond. So maybe they were worth it after all.

Aaron

micael
<caraunltd@harb To: Jakarta General List <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
ornet.com> cc:
Subject: RE: Sun Is Losing Its Way
12/06/02 07:55
PM
Please respond
to Jakarta
General List

That is funny James. I really wonder if Aaron can truly believe we are so
dim-witted or that anything he said was worth the time saying. God, some
people! Micael