Alex McLintock wrote:

> At 17:41 21/01/03, you wrote:
>>One more question: why not doing this as a subproject of JetSpeed ?
>>It is an existing jakarta project, the scope matches - why
>>creating a separate jakarta community instead of joining the
>>existing one ?
>

> I assume that it would be a tool which could be used by the Cocoon portal
> system, and a Struts portal system as well as Jetspeed which is
> essentially a Turbine portal system. People may want to use this component
> without using Jetspeed. Of course I haven't read the JSR yet.

My understanding was that Jetspeed goal is to implement a portal - with Java
and XML.

I would rather see all portal systems sharing a single community and
implementing similar behavior/standards - rather than have one portal for
each technology ( struts, cocoon, turbine, tapestry, plain JSP, plain
servlet, whatever else toolset ).

Costin