Robert Simmons typed the following on 03:20 24/01/2003 +0100
>I say that forum software would be useful because I am in three mailing
>lists at apache that I use in order to ask questions.
>Tomcat, Cocoon and this one. as a result i get an enormous amount of mail.
>Aout 95% of it is irrelevant to me. Im having to filter
>hundreds of messages per day and that is annyoing.

So, read the archive. The great thing about mailing lists is ithey're open - anyone
who wants to can put whatever interface they like onto it - web, news, whatever.
Don't like the search engine? What search engine would you use if it was a
forum? Why not use that on an archive? Do you prefer the threading in your
favorite forum package to that in an archive? Implement it.

A forum is a closed system, it limits access to a single point, and eliminates
choice. Rather than stripping functionality away from people who use it just
because you don't like it, ignore those features and implement whatever you
do want.

Kief