Geir Magnusson Jr. wrote:
(...)
What else would you like to know? What are your specific problems? is there a specific technology/spec that you are interested in participating in? have you ever interacted with the expert group of a JSR via their interest list or during a public, community review? I started my participation by just sending comments to the servlet EG, and I found them extremely responsive, far more responsive that I would have expected for a random comment from the ether. Of course, this differs from EG to EG, just like different communities differ on OSS projects.

How did you get a base for your comments? I imagine you were commenting on, let's say, Servlet2.2 when they were working on Servlet2.3, or something similar, maybe a public draft.

But when a group gets formed in Jan-2002 (http://www.jcp.org/en/jsr/detail?id=168), and there is no single line of output from it till (http://nagoya.apache.org/wiki/apachewiki.cgi?PlutoProposal), Jan 2003, I don't see a way to send a meaningful comment.Comment on what?

When a Draft is published, I expect a response like "It's too late to make major changes now, we'll consider for release 2" to any serious comment.

You can see what I meant with my previous post about closeness of the process.

(...)

geir