Pier Fumagalli wrote:

> Now, under Jakarta, there might be projects on which one might like to be
> involved and spend time on (therefore bearing the responsibilities of
> being a PMC member over _that_ particular code base),  but there might be
> project that one don't want to be even remotely associated with...
>
> So, unless this:
>
>> The PMC is responsible for the strategic direction and success of the
>> Jakarta Project. This governing body is expected to ensure the project's
>> welfare and guide its overall direction.
>
> Found here <http://jakarta.apache.org/site/management.html>
>
> Changes to identify that individual PMC members might have oversight only
> on a fraction (subproject) of the whole project, I would be against it.

I don't know any plan to change the charter - the PMC is and will be
responsible for the entire Jakarta Project.
I'm also against any other fraction or fragmentation ( it seems we agree
sometimes :-).

The fact is that jakarta needs to become and act as "jakarta community" -
and everyone who preffers a different community can do that easily. Having
all people who are actively involved in jakarta subprojects participate
in the management and oversight of jakarta is the right thing to do.

We do have many different codebases and projects - but in the end they
all fit togheter pretty well, and so do the people :-)

Costin