> > What if some one/a group of people were to form a watchdog group
> > that would bring to the attention of [that] they should infact
> > use 'Apache HTTPD' instead of just 'Apache'.

> If you want to raise awareness of such an "Apache wide" fact, don't
> do it in a "java only" place like Jakarta.

An Apache Software Foundation newsletter, as an outgrowth from the great
work on the Jakarta newsletter, would provide an overall picture of the
scope of the ASF's projects, and should help to naturally dispel the Apache
== Apache HTTPD image.

As a matter of trademark law, I believe that Apache needs to be used as an
adjective not a noun.  See http://www.sun.com/policies/trademarks/#10 and
following passages.  Arguably, the footer on ASF web pages should have a
link to a similar page; at least to the licensing FAQ:
http://www.apache.org/foundation/licence-FAQ.html#Marks.

See also:
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&q=trademark+use+adj
ective