On Dec 18, 2003, at 2:35 PM, Henri Yandell wrote:

On Thu, 18 Dec 2003, Noel J. Bergman wrote:

Henri Yandell wrote:

I would have embraced that idea a year ago, but when discussed it was said
to not be an option to have a hierarchy of PMCs below the Jakarta PMC of 7
members.

There is a difference between a hierarchy and a confederation. There is
absolutely nothing that says that we cannot have:

  Jakarta PMC: responsible for jakarta-site/jakarta-site2
  Tomcat PMC: tomcat and related code
  Struts PMC: struts and related code
  Jakarta Commons PMC: ...
  Tapestry PMC: ...

All without a single change to the Jakarta domain.

No one should feel that there is any relationship between the Foundation's
legal structure, and e-mail/web addresses. We have had this confirmed
already by both Greg and Sam. The above *is* an acceptable solution to the
Board. The question is whether or not it is an acceptable one to us.

Gotya. Had been wondering why you kept pushing the multi-PMC approach.

Clue me in because I don't get it.

I'm +0 to this and would still be worried about what 'Jakarta' meant now.
Hopefully if this happened, ant, maven, avalon, cocoon, etc would be able
to join Jakarta again. Same for xerces-J, xalan-J etc.

I'm -1 to this, but it's not a -1-able thing. Projects are free to apply for top level status if they want.

[EMAIL PROTECTED]