As I just happened to notice this on Incubator [AltRMI in fact]:

"Is all source code distributed by the project covered by one or more of
the following approved licenses: Apache, BSD, Artistic, MIT/X, MIT/W3C,
MPL 1.1, or something with essentially the same terms?"

The below is, to my quick glance, a BSD licence, so approved. I'm with you
on the no jars in CVS, but each to community to their own. Whether
Tapestry is properly fulfilling the licence by listing their use of ognl
in their documentation would be something to check on.

Hen