As the wiki-update emails don't seem to get through to this list, thought
I'd let people know I've done a bit of reorganization of the Jakarta Wiki
page:

http://wiki.apache.org/jakarta/

I've also added a bunch of ideas and thoughts.

----

As I now have the responsibility of sending a quarterly report to the
board, one of these thoughts is of starting up the newsletter again.

The board have implied that it would be good to get reports broken down by
sub-project too, so PMC volunteers to handle these parts are very welcome.
So far Geir has volunteered for Velocity.

http://wiki.apache.org/jakarta/JakartaReport

-

An important part of the board-report is the current status of Jakarta. To
that end, I've also started a list of the large issues facing us a
community.

http://wiki.apache.org/jakarta/JakartaIssues

These are currently quite tainted by my personal opinion/experiences, so
feel free to disagree and argue vociferously.

-

Lastly, I've defined the role of the chair, and my own interpretations on
that. This is so you can know when I'm doing something wrong out of
stupidity, or out of a misguided belief in what the role is. It'll also
help the next chair out.

http://wiki.apache.org/jakarta/RoleOfChair

-

By the way, in case it's Monday morning and everything is a haze, I should
mention that the board have accepted the PMC's recommendation of myself as
PMC chair to replace Geir.

While Geir is an example of a developer who is synonymous with Jakarta,
he's now taking on the highly public role of Geronimo PMC chair which
should dovetail with his role as Apache's JCP representative quite nicely.

I'm sure we're all very appreciative of his chairship over the last 6
months, and I'm looking forward to trying to live up to his and Sam's
example.

Hen