From: Dain Sundstrom [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, October 27, 2004 12:53 PM
To: Jakarta General List
Subject: Re: Future JDK features 2 items

On Oct 27, 2004, at 1:10 AM, Danny Angus wrote:

> Dain wrote:
>
>> If you want method pointers today, just get a good byte code
>> generation tool.
>
> Yeah I know, and I seriously believe that workarounds such as this do
> more to harm the so-called "purity" of Java than providing explicit
> language level mechanisms for method pointers.

I understand what you are saying, but do you believe that Sun could actually
get such a feature right?  My guess is they would slap so many coding
restrictions and security checks around this feature to make is most
useless.  So, yes, I am arguing that no feature is better than a poorly
implemented feature.

-dain