Frank W. Zammetti wrote:
I'm not sure I understand #12... is it talking about providing a JAR of a release for archival purposes?

I think that in the early (actually as recently as a year or so ago) days of Jakarta Commons, a "combo jar" was produced that included *all* of the commons components (or at least the most commonly used ones), so that you could just deploy one jar and get them all. As robert points out below, internal and external dependencies and conflicts made that impractical, so, despite this reference in the charter, we no longer produce such a thing.

I would like to see this project adopt the packaging scheme my own Java Web Parts project has in that each actual Java package is JAR'd separately. That way a developer can easily pick and choose which parts they want to use.

+1

Phil

I mention that because depending on what #12 really is talking about, that could conflict with that idea. I'm not sure.

Frank