Hi,

I've been a moderator for the bcel-dev@jakarta.apache.org and
bcel-user@jakarta.apache.org for a few months now. In that time there
have been 2 valid emails from people who weren't subscribed, and a few
thousand spam mails.

I'm rather tired of being a human spam filter for the mailing list. As
the ratio of bad to good emails is so high, I suggest that all mails
from unsubscribed users simply be discarded making moderation
unnecessary.

What's the general opinion about this?

The question is why do we use moderation at all?

I can see only the reason of cross-posting
which is discouraged anyway ...and still could
be done by people who are subscribed to both lists.

...so I am with you on this

cheers
--
Torsten