On Wed, 28 Dec 2005, Brett Porter wrote:

Thinking more about this, I don't know about "pushing things into
commons". The important thing is consistent practices, consolidated
committers and community, but maybe not the naming. Jakarta BCEL
sounds fine to stay that way, as does Jakarta Commons Collections.

I was originally thinking it would be more like Jakarta Collections than Jakarta Commons BCEL. But a good point, the naming is not a biggy. It'd be pretty loose I think, the same way Tomcat was Apache Tomcat even while it was still in Jakarta. Commons is a community and a way, rather than just an svn directory.

Hen