On 05.03.2006, at 20:21, Henri Yandell wrote:

I started to write a long email on the problems in Jakarta, on umbrellas, on the lack of a Jakarta community and existence only of subcommunities and on how it should be "there is no Jakarta Xxxx, you are members of Jakarta - not a subproject"; but you've heard it all before.

So, proposal:

Given that we are one project and that we should be acting as one community - I propose that we:

1) Remove SVN restrictions, all Jakarta committers can commit anywhere in Jakarta, with the exception of the Commons-Sandbox as it allows Apache committers in general to commit.

So a Commons committer can commit to e.g. BCEL and Hivemind without knowing the code bases? Hmmmm
That doesn't sound right to me :-/

TBH Jakarta feels less as one community ...but more like an umbrella. Do you want to change that?

cheers
--
Torsten