Hey...  I know what this could be called...  Alexandria

Henri Yandell wrote:

On Wed, 15 Mar 2006, Stephen Colebourne wrote:

Henri Yandell wrote:

A joke turns into something serious ...but I am all with you guys.
As I said: the more I think about it - the more I like the idea!

You've got my +1 :)

But is that what you mean? (+1 is active not passive)

It is what I mean, though it's contextual (is for all of us). In my case it's:

If someone were to dig into this and find or create a solution, I would actively test it, hassle infra/whomever, throw in ideas and do a little coding - but I'm not going to be much use if a large chunk of time to code/design is required.

This all sounds like a nice idea, and could potentially solve the difficult issues and choices which we seem to be trying to make.

But is it practical? Is there a tool out there that does this? Are there one or more people willing to drive this through and make it happen in the next three months?

If its possible and is going to happen then we shouldn't do Jakarta Language Components. But if this idea isn't going to happen then JLC should be created. How will we make the decision?

It's nice to talk - Robert's mentioned the idea in the past so it's good to have more brains thinking on the idea; however I wouldn't let it get in the way of simpler ideas for dealing with the current state. Presuming it involves a large buy in from the foundation - ie) not something we could do on our own - I'd factor in 6 months to a year to get that large a group moving :)

Hen