On Sat, 29 Jul 2006, Oliver Zeigermann wrote:

Hi, folks!

Recently, worries about the state of the Slide project came up in
private lists. It seems to be more or less unsupported and no
community seems to exist any more. Most posts to the lists remain
unanswered.

Additionally, I have heard voices who consider Slide redundant now
that Jackrabbit is a TLP.

While this is not the thread to find out what has happened to the
Slide project, we should think about what to do about it.

If there is no one who feels responsible for the project or is willing
to take responsibility we might put it into a dormant/unmaintained
mode. This might give possible new users a warning.
If new people came up who are ready to take the responsibility we
might revive it.

Additions? Opinions? Other voices? Am I completely wrong?

Looking at mail-archives;

Emails on the user list are 10% of what they were at the lists peak about 20 months ago. 40 odd so far this month, a dozen threads.

Emails on the dev list are down to around 5% of what they were at its peak (20 months ago too). 30 emails this month. 4 threads from contributors, not committers and a bunch of automated wiki/issues/commit ones.

How about creating a Dormant section on the LHS under Subprojects and kicking off a vote to put ORO, Regexp, Slide, Alexandria (I know, it's dead but simpler to put under Dormant for the moment), and ECS into it?

The Incubator are going to be putting Agila into dormancy I think - so we can simply delete that link.

Hen