On 5/26/07, Henri Yandell <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Ack in terms of driving a community away because it is unable to meet
our arbitrary criteria.

That sort of thinking just seems so Borg to me. It's another way of
saying that a software product only has value if its hosted by the
ASF.

If a subproject, or even a project, is down to one or two committers,
and those committers can't find a third, and don't want to apply to
the Commons or declare the product dormant, then setting up shop on
GoogleCode is an excellent alternative. I've done the same myself, and
it's not the least bit painful. In many ways, it's joyful.

It might even be healthy if more ASF committers were involved with
other hosts. The ASF may be a cult, but it should not also be a fetish
:)

-Ted.