Hi,

I suggest using the pax-exam-karaf tooling provided by the Karaf project.
It should help you a lot in using also a custom distribution.

It might be a real possibility that this is already solved with that
project.

You'll find a released version at [1]

regards, Achim

[1] -
http://search.maven.org/remotecontent?filepath=org/apache/karaf/tooling/exam/org.apache.karaf.tooling.exam.container/2.3.0/org.apache.karaf.tooling.exam.container-2.3.0.jar

2012/11/7 Michael Szalay <michael.sza...@basis06.ch>

> Hi all
>
> I have two questions regarding using Pax Exam to test our system which is
> based on Apache Karaf.
>
> 1) Is it possible to test our custom karaf distribution? I.e. instead of
> that pax-exam downloads a karaf distro, it uses
>    our custom karaf distro?
>
> 2) Sometimes, my integration tests do just not work. The pax exam systems
> comes up, but hangs very long time and then
> the test each fail with the message:
>
> Exception in thread "JMX Connector Thread [service:jmx:rmi://
> 0.0.0.0:44444/jndi/rmi://0.0.0.0:1099/karaf-root]"
> java.lang.RuntimeException:
> Port already in use: 44444;
> You may have started two containers.  If you need to start a second
> container or the default ports are already in use update the config file
> etc/org.apache.karaf.management.cfg and change the Registry Port and Server
> Port to unused ports
>

> The port 44444 was not used before I started the maven tests...
> Is this a concurrency issue?
>
> Regards Michael

Project Lead
OPS4J Pax for Vaadin <http://team.ops4j.org/wiki/display/PAXVAADIN/Home>