2012/12/8 Toni Menzel <toni.men...@rebaze.com>:
> Hi Harald,
>
> totally in your boat.
> I checked the ops4j@google when posting this mail and i wanted to ask you
> about why we send jira notifications to this list.. Something - when setting
> this up - was not intended actually.

I just had a look at the JIRA admin menu: in the Notification Scheme,
there were a number of events sending email to ops4j-notify AND ops4.
I've deleted the opsj notifications, so let's watch the list and see
if It's getting quiet :-)

> Lets rethink this:
> Clearly, we should separate jira "spam" from human communication.
> Speaking of release announcements: my gut feeling is still this: just use
> one list where communication AND release announcements take place.
> For people who are not interested in general discussion but OPS4J releases,
> well we have many options:

Oh, I don't really mind either way...

> - Confluence has a blog feed, so people could subscribe there.

Good point, didn't think of that.

Cheers,
Harald