Can Lucene index the openstreetmap.org (OSM) node db (400M
latitude/longitude pairs), and then find the 20 nodes closest to a
given latitude/longitude?

More specifically:

 % Can Lucene index numerical data and understand that 16 is close to
 15, but far away from 160000?

 % Is Lucene reasonably fast indexing 400M floating point pairs?

 % After Lucene creates the 400M index, can it return search results
 reasonably fast?

 % Is there a guide/tutorial that shows how to use Lucene to index
 numerical data (I'm using Plucene, but I'll settle for any sort of
 guide)?

I tried to index OSM data w/ SQLite3, but it took forever.

I realize I could use MySQL/PostgreSQL, but I'm looking for an
embedded/serverless solution.