> As it stands now, we have the following concrete suggestions:
> 1. Log IRC -- from the looks of #lucene-dev, it appears that people have not
> migrated to the new logged version.  To me, we really should just hook up the
> logger to #lucene and forget #lucene-dev ever existed.  We should also put a
> note that the room is being logged.  I am beginning to be of the mindset that
> any design/dev conversation that is not logged on IRC is the equivalent of a
> private conversation.

funny, i did not even know about #lucene-dev

+0, logging seems easy to do, but i don't think it really solves any
real problem.  (i don't want to read through IRC logs to figure out
what we are thinking)

> 2. Rotate the Chair -- I would propose that this Report is my last official
> one and that the next Board meeting contains a resolution changing the chair.

+1

I will put myself way at the bottom of the list -- and thank Grant for
his work/effort to date.

> 3. Put in the automated patch checking system that Hadoop uses.  Volunteers?
> Perhaps we can knock this out at Lucene Revolution?
> 4. Write up lessons learned by all on commit/revert and scratching/itches and
> make sure newcomers and old timers alike understand how it works.
> 5. I gather, via lazy consensus from the other thread, that we are in
> agreement on refactoring and we have a way forward.

I believe so -- a summary should be included in #4

> 6. Discourage private emails, phone calls, etc. as they relate to the
> project.  I personally am starting to think that if there is wind of this
> happening more that it is not at all unreasonable to remove commit bits.

Not sure what this means -- perhaps it is a question of scale/subject.
 There will always be private mail/phone/im conversations about dev,
but I agree that discussions about project direction etc should be
discouraged.

ryan