From: Glenn Adams [mailto:gl...@skynav.com]
Sent: 23 February 2016 17:56
To: XML Graphics Project <general@xmlgraphics.apache.org>
Subject: Re: [VOTE] Merge from xmlgraphics/commons/branches/maven to trunk.

Given the various input, I've decided to go with the following artifact ids:

   - commons-xmlgraphics
   - batik
   - fop

I would have liked to use 'commons' alone, given the group id would
sufficiently distinguish; however, there is clearly a convention of using
commons-<...> in Maven Central, both in commons.apache.org, other apache
projects, and non-apache projects. So, to avoid conflicts on doing search on
Maven Central, the longer artifact spelling seems appropriate.