On Mon, Feb 22, 2016 at 6:23 AM, Simon Steiner <simonsteiner1...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Ant naming is: xmlgraphics-commons-svn-trunk.jar
> Mvn naming is: commons-2.2.0-SNAPSHOT.jar

Correct. We will be using the maven naming scheme now for maven built
artifacts, which is:

groupId:artifactId:version

We will use org.apache.xmlgraphics as the groupId and the following
artifactIds:

   - commons
   - batik
   - fop

Note that of our 3 current projects built by ant, only xmlgraphics-commons
has a prefix, while batik and fop do not. If they had all used an
'xmlgraphics-' prefix, then we would probably want to include that prefix
in our maven artifact identifiers. However, since 2 don't use a prefix and
1 does, we are inconsistent in our present names, and should normalize this
by removing the prefix on commons.

Do you anticipate a problem arising from this change? I expect that
external users that want to use the new maven artifacts can make the
appropriate name changes on their side. If they are using maven
dependencies, they will use the maven artifact naming conventions to pull
in xmlgraphics artifacts.