Jay Hopping wrote:
if you already have a 32bit gentoo there, then you could always use it
to setup your file structure, and config files.

Yep, I have an old 32 bit gentoo installation on my disk (using lvm2, and I really hope there are no surprises for me in that area)
File structure? Exactly what do you mean by this? Are you refering to partition information from /etc/fstab? It's late and I feel a bit stupid...

Also, when I
upgraded, I just left my grub(grub has be compiled 32bit) in /boot.

Won't portage take care of doing that right for you?

Thanks to you who have answered so far!

/Andreas

OT: Found out that my PSU cables can't reach the ATX/P4 sockets... grrr! And everything was closed down today (easter celebration)... hopefully I will find extension cabling tomorrow... I wanna start compile stuff... and hear the silence (the previous box was a real PITA when it comes to noise levels)