On the topic of multilib - can somebody send a link to what exactly has
changed?  I've been using emul-* 32-bit libs forever.  Multilib sounds like
it will get rid of them in favor of just building your own 32-bit libs when
you need they (which sounds great).

At least, that was what I thought.  I just successfully migrated to 2005.0
with no apparent issues, but emerge -auDv world gives me (among other
things):

[ebuild  N    ] app-emulation/emul-linux-x86-glibc-1000  0 kB

Do I want to install any of the emul-* stuff now that in theory I'm just
building my own libs when needed?  Or am I misunderstanding something
(admittedly the more likely answer)?