On Sunday 03 April 2005 7:18 pm, Gregory Symons wrote:
> On Sat, 2005-04-02 at 13:09 +0200, Christian Parpart wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I'd be interested in whether someone has got this running.
> > I know, valgrind is *NOT* supporting this yet. But it is
> > (theoretically) possible to create a 32bit-chroot environment
> > and run it inside. However, Mine is always crashing (for any reason :(
> >
> > Has anyone more luck with it?

Okay, it's been valgrind 2.4.0 that keeps crashing. valgrind 2.2.0 keeps
running fine inside my 32bit chroot environment. Although, the maintainer
already hardmasked valgrind 2.4.0 because of exactly this crash behavior. So,
I'm happy in being not the only one getting hit by 2.4.0 ;)

> After looking at what the folks at valgrind are doing, 3.0 will support
> amd64. Unfortunately, they only branched off for 3.0 at the end of last
> month, so I doubt they've made much progress yet. They're thinking it'll
> take about four months to finish it (the amd64 support, not necessarily
> all of 3.0:)
>
> So, if you can wait a few months, you can have real amd64 support:) Or
> if you feel brave, you can follow the svn trunk (though they come right
> out and say that amd64 is pretty much useless at this point, you could
> contribute some bug reports and help them out) and maybe get it sooner.

Yeah, I just checked it out from their svn repository. However, it's not that
little, and I didn't find a real TODO list so that I could find a good entry
point.

cya,
Christian Parpart.

--
Netiquette: http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc1855.txt
 14:37:59 up 12 days,  3:44,  0 users,  load average: 1.15, 1.27, 1.11