On Sunday 10 April 2005 11:35 pm, Greg KH wrote:
> On Sun, Apr 10, 2005 at 10:30:29PM +0100, Daniel Drake wrote:
> > A while back, we had to move the gentoo kernel patches out of the Gentoo
> > CVS because we realised it conflicted with the old copyright assignment
> > form: I have signed an agreement saying that everything I put in gentoo
> > cvs will be copyrighted to Gentoo. That obviously isn't the case for
> > kernel patches that I didn't write.
> >
> > We moved the kernel patches into a bitkeeper repo, and they've been there
> > for a while. However, this might be clashing with the social contract,
> > and costless BK is going away, so its time to move again. I'd love to
> > host these in a Gentoo repo, preferably SVN, but would need to get that
> > agreement revoked for me and the other kernel developers. Who do I need
> > to speak to?
>
> Thanks for bringing this up, I was going to do so this week.  I can get
> the cvs data out of the bk tree, if we want to move it anywhere else, so
> we will not loose the history (if that's an issue.)  But we need to get
> moved off of bkbits.net as soon as possible,

> and the gentoo server is
> not a current solution :(

could you be please more specific? I mean. why isn't it a current solution?
because SVN isn't right in place or because of the copyright problems still
around or ...?

thanks,
Christian Parpart.

--
Netiquette: http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc1855.txt
 23:42:51 up 18 days, 12:49,  2 users,  load average: 0.44, 0.69, 0.75