On Sun, Apr 10, 2005 at 10:30:29PM +0100, Daniel Drake wrote:

> A while back, we had to move the gentoo kernel patches out of the Gentoo CVS
> because we realised it conflicted with the old copyright assignment form: I
> have signed an agreement saying that everything I put in gentoo cvs will be
> copyrighted to Gentoo. That obviously isn't the case for kernel patches that I
> didn't write.
>
> We moved the kernel patches into a bitkeeper repo, and they've been there for
> a while. However, this might be clashing with the social contract, and
> costless BK is going away, so its time to move again. I'd love to host these
> in a Gentoo repo, preferably SVN, but would need to get that agreement revoked
> for me and the other kernel developers. Who do I need to speak to?

Thanks for bringing this up, I was going to do so this week.  I can get
the cvs data out of the bk tree, if we want to move it anywhere else, so
we will not loose the history (if that's an issue.)  But we need to get
moved off of bkbits.net as soon as possible, and the gentoo server is
not a current solution :(

thanks,

greg k-h