I was just going to say something similar, although I'm not an employee
of IBM. Gentoo's parent organization is non-profit, and IBM is a
for-profit international corporation. That means, at least in the USA,
that any such agreement would need to be negotiated and approved by what
Stan Freberg referred to as "a battery of white-lipped attorneys". I was
surprised to see Debian on the original list for the same reason. Can
someone confirm there is actually an IBM certification for Debian?

BTW, here in the USA, for all practical purposes, if you want a
corporate blessing for Linux on a particular hardware platform, your
choices are pretty much constrained to Red Hat Enterprise Linux. IBM, HP
and Dell I believe all have corporate agreements with Red Hat, and I
wasn't even aware of SUSE being present in the approved list. The only
other "corporate blessed Linux" I know of is the Wal-Mart low end PC
that comes with Linspire loaded on it.