On Sun, 2005-06-05 at 13:50 -0400, Michael Cummings wrote:
> Solar,
>       I realize you meant this as a general statement of opinion and not a
> flame-baiter, but can you elaborate on:
>
> On Sunday 05 June 2005 11:37, Ned Ludd wrote:
> > Invalidates binary package trees.
>
> My (wrong?) understanding was that this is addressed when portage runs a
> fixpackages (otherwise what's it doing to all those binary packages?). I ask
> because its no secret that I'm working on a split up of dev-perl from the
> 500+ packages to a better organized, reasonable scenario where packages are
> categorized based on, well, category :) rather than on the fact that they
> "contain some perl bits or module bits, stuff them in dev-perl".

In my experience, fixpackages doesn't actually fix this sometimes. I've
had to phsyically delete the binary package and recreate it for the
category to be fixed. Sadly, I haven't had time to search for a bug on
it.

--
Lance Albertson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Gentoo Infrastructure | Operations Manager

---
GPG Public Key:  <http://www.ramereth.net/lance.asc>
Key fingerprint: 0423 92F3 544A 1282 5AB1  4D07 416F A15D 27F4 B742

ramereth/irc.freenode.net