On Sat, 6 Aug 2005 16:15:32 +0200 Maurice van der Pot
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
| The new valgrind version (3.0.0) requires sse support. If you have a
| processor without sse, you'll need to stay at 2.4.1.
|
| To make people aware of this, I could use the sse use flag in 3.0.0
| and die if it is not present, telling people to mask versions 3.0.0
| and up if they have a processor without sse. I would also have to
| check the arch before requiring sse.
|
| Is there a better way to do this?

We handle this kind of thing on SPARC (eg for vis and v9 code) by having
subprofiles for the different CPU capabilities, and using masks in the
appropriate subprofiles. Doing this could be a bit messy on x86 though,
at least until we get full profile inheritance capabilities...

--
Ciaran McCreesh : Gentoo Developer (Vim, Shell tools, Fluxbox, Cron)
Mail            : ciaranm at gentoo.org
Web             : http://dev.gentoo.org/~ciaranm