On Tuesday 16 August 2005 12:38, Fabian Zeindl wrote:
> So my proposal is putting UseFlags for additional GstreamerPlugins in the
> Gstreamerpackage and remove it in the packages depending on Gstreamer
> (totem for example).
While I can't decide anything about this as it's up to GStreamer herd, I'd
like to say that this proposal has all my approval.
I can tell as sound member (amaroK) and video too (Kaffeine now): adding
useflags to packages to add mere "fake dependencies" doesn't seem to be
user-oriented at all.
As they all depends on gstreamer-plugins, that seems to be the most feasible
place where to put the useflags.

But as I said, I can't do anything about this.
--
Diego "Flameeyes" Pettenò
Gentoo Developer - http://dev.gentoo.org/~flameeyes/