Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
I've been going through the EBUILD list at random and providing lists of
things that need to be fixed before the ebuild can be considered for
inclusion. The WONTFIX resolution along with a comment asking for the
submitter to reopen with a fixed ebuild is used when problems are found.

Is it possible to leave these bugs in an open state? WONTFIX doesn't seem the right tool for the job:

  WONTFIX
    The problem described is a bug which will never be fixed.

Often i believe the ebuild submitter is a different party than the one who originally opened the bug. Also, an individual who fixes up an ebuild to comply with the review could again be a completely different person. Neither of these people can reopen the bug. My concern is that you lose the ability to differentiate between bugs that have been reviewed and don't yet have an updated ebuild and those which do when doing a bugzilla query. My other concern is that closed bugs are not searched by default when doing a simple query (like that on the submit bug wizard) which makes them easy for users to overlook and leads to duplicates.

Can I suggest REVIEW+ and REVIEW- keywords? :) When an updated ebuild is submitted, the submitter could simply remove the REVIEW- keyword to get the bug back in the to-be-reviewed queue.

I think this is a great idea btw.  Thanks for taking it up.

--de.