On Sat, 20 Aug 2005 15:06:34 -0600 R Hill <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
| Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
| > I've been going through the EBUILD list at random and providing
| > lists of things that need to be fixed before the ebuild can be
| > considered for inclusion. The WONTFIX resolution along with a
| > comment asking for the submitter to reopen with a fixed ebuild is
| > used when problems are found.
|
| Is it possible to leave these bugs in an open state?

I'd rather not... There're 600+ items on the list, it's too hard to
maintain.

| WONTFIX doesn't seem the right tool for the job:
|
|    WONTFIX
|      The problem described is a bug which will never be fixed.

And the ebuild attached will never be 'fixed' in the state it is in.

| Often i believe the ebuild submitter is a different party than the
| one who originally opened the bug.  Also, an individual who fixes up
| an ebuild to comply with the review could again be a completely
| different person.  Neither of these people can reopen the bug.

Yeah, the lack of reopening powers is a problem. I'd rather this was
solved by a) letting any authenticated user reopen any bug and, if
necessary, b) allowing developers to lock bugs.

| Can I suggest REVIEW+ and REVIEW- keywords? :)  When an updated
| ebuild is submitted, the submitter could simply remove the REVIEW-
| keyword to get the bug back in the to-be-reviewed queue.

Changing keywords correctly seems to be rather a lot to ask from people
who can't even manage to mark ebuilds as text/plain...

--
Ciaran McCreesh : Gentoo Developer (Vim, Shell tools, Fluxbox, Cron)
Mail            : ciaranm at gentoo.org
Web             : http://dev.gentoo.org/~ciaranm