On Saturday 17 September 2005 01:20, Mike Frysinger wrote:
> On Friday 16 September 2005 06:20 pm, Mark Loeser wrote:
> > Since we currently have language herds for other languages such as Ada,
> > Perl, and Java, I don't think C++ should be any different.
>
> it is different, but i dont mind the idea of having a bunch of C++ experts
> looking over a bunch of packages which otherwise may be neglected

And that's the point I see in as well - having some central point for our C++
experts/freaks. Of course, a c++ herd would not just be like ADA/Java IMO.

Though, I vote FOR such a herd (and would like to join anyway)

> > dev-libs/STLport            (no-herd, vapier?)
>
> vapier/toolchain
>
> > dev-libs/fampp2             (no-herd, vapier)
> > dev-libs/ferrisloki         (no-herd, vapier)
> > dev-libs/libferrisstreams   (no-herd, vapier)
> > dev-db/stldb4
>
> generally i dont need help with these as the upstream author is a pretty
> cool guy and gets back to me :)
> -mike

but having some backup is always the safer way, in case some of us is AFK for
some unobvious reasons and a security patch is to be injected.

Regards,
Christian Parpart