On 10/30/05, Michiel de Bruijne <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Sunday 30 October 2005 10:06, Wernfried Haas wrote:
> > 4) Forums. We have the News and Announcements box on the forums and we
> >    will set sticky threads upon request. In fact we even stick threads
> >    and posts announcements if we encounter something worth mentioning
> >    in our opinion. Since we may not notice everything feel free to
> >    contact us in case you have some information worth sharing.
>
> 5) Make important news available in the tree just like GLSA's. With emerge
> --news you can see the relevant newsitems based on your installed packages
> just like emerge --security (future portage version?).

/signed, :)

The emerge --news is quite worth considering, and on p.g.o, stuart
mentioned having emerge to produce outputs like this after a sync:

<quote>
# emerge sync
<Portage syncs the tree>

* Important: 3 config files in /etc need updating.
* Type emerge --help config to learn how to update config files.

* Important: there are 5 unread news items.
* Type emerge --news to read news about changes to Gentoo.
</quote>

which I think is also a brilliant idea.

Just my .02 USD as a user.

-- Joe

Those who can count, and those who can't.