On Tue, 2005-11-01 at 08:56 +0100, Wernfried Haas wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 31, 2005 at 06:52:04PM -0500, Dan Meltzer wrote:
> > 1) Why post to forums.g.o if its on www, why would one check forums
> > instead of www.
> Redundancy - to get the attention of those folks that for whatever
> reason visit the forums and not www.gentoo.org in a specific time
> interval. The more places you cover, the more likely people will see it
> somewhere. We've been doing that with GLSAs for quite a while now.

The users I've spoken to about our news situation have expressly stated
that one of their concerns is that there are *too many* places to check
for news.

They're not looking for us to scatter news across many mediums - they
want one place to go.

Best regards,
Stu
--
Stuart Herbert                                         [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Gentoo Developer                                  http://www.gentoo.org/

GnuGP key id# F9AFC57C available from http://pgp.mit.edu
Key fingerprint = 31FB 50D4 1F88 E227 F319  C549 0C2F 80BA F9AF C57C