>> Currently there are quite a few ebuilds in the tree that execute dodoc or
>> dohtml for files that do not exist. I think it would be nice to have
>> ebuilds die if this is the case. To not break current ebuilds this would
>> only happen with FEATURES="stricter".

Sigh... There are already bugs flowing in for TEXTRELs/executable stacks
checks implemented in recent portage versions. Some of these bugs are
completely INVALID or CANTFIX - emulation stuff, binary-only ebuilds, etc.
etc. What's the point of this breakage? Why are these QA checks fatal,
causing ebuilds to bail out? How can you disable such checks per-ebuild
(AFAIK - you can't) to not annoy users with QA notices and breakage one can
do nothing about anyway?

As Flameeyes pointed out, dodoc/dohtml is also used in eclasses. This can
break many ebuilds. Users will report duplicate bugs because they will not
realize that it's the eclass causing the failure, not the ebuild. Again,
what's the point? How will it work with FEATURES="nodoc"? Why should an
ebuild ever fail just because some doc file is missing or got renamed or
whatever?

--
Best regards,

 Jakub Moc
 mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
 GPG signature: http://subkeys.pgp.net:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0xCEBA3D9E
 Primary key fingerprint: D2D7 933C 9BA1 C95B 2C95  B30F 8717 D5FD CEBA 3D9E

 ... still no signature ;)